Never before has ecological literacy been more important than it is today. With the challenges faced by climate change and world-wide ecological degradation, the future generation must be connected in right relationship to the food, water, sun, and soil we all depend upon (and are made of!). SolutionCraft is available for school assemblies, workshops, class presentations, and education consultations for K-12 classes, colleges, and adults, on a range of ecological design, growing and building topics from permaculture, water harvesting, natural building, wood-working, zero waste, composting, gardening, and more. Contact us to find out more!
Educational Programs / Experience:
- Worked with Sustainable Solano to develop standards-based permaculture & water harvesting curriculum for Vallejo high school students. Program was taught to 3 environmental science classes over 4 weeks.
- 3 years as a Garden & Sustainability Teacher with Alta Vista School SF. During that time I developed innovative garden cooking and woodworking / natural building classes for middle school students.
- Developed a non-profit service-learning project, Peace On Earthbench Movement, to teach students how to transform plastic waste into an earthen bench on their school campus. In 2012 POEM was awarded a $40,000 service-learning grant from State Farm Insurance, which provided funding for the Outdoor Dragon Classroom Bench at Lowell High School San Francisco & several other service-learning projects.
- Presented ecological workshops at a variety of events and convergences. For five years SolutionCraft hosted an educational booth and presented workshops at the National Bioneers Convergence. I've also presented at the NorCal Permaculture Convergence and festivals such as Lightning in a Bottle, Symbiosis, Oregon Country Faire, and Lucidity.
- Invited as a college guest lecturer for the UC Davis Educational for Sustainable Living Program and the Santa Barbara City College Projects for Sustainability class.